Our online banking will simplify your banking experience and make managing your finances easier. You can bank online wherever you are, whenever you’d like – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
TRANSFERS AND PAYMENTS – Transfer money between accounts, schedule transfers and make loan payments.
E MAIL ALERTS – Sign up for alerts to remind you of important dates or accounts changes. These alerts are completely confidential. Only you can see them.
Bill Pay is fast, convenient and secure. Simplify your life today and pay your bills with our Online Bill Pay.
Here’s how it works!
- You can pay anyone you would normally pay by check.
- Send money now or schedule payment or transfer for later.
- Avoid missed payments and late fees with automatic payments.
- Payments will be sent on time every time provided you have sufficient funds in your account.
- Pay all your bills in one place using only one password.
- Make payments from anywhere.
- Save money on postage.
- Save money on the cost of personalized checks.
Bill Pay is safer because you never need to give your bank account information to others. We send the payment for you.
How to sign up for bill pay
- You will need to have a First Choice Credit Union checking account.
- You will need to enroll in our Online Banking and establish a user name and password. If you are already enrolled in Online Banking, proceed to the next step.
- On our Home Banking page, click on the Bill Pay tab at the top of the page.
- You will need to complete and submit answers to some security questions to confirm your identity during certain transactions.
- You are now able to scroll through the Bill Pay site. There is a demo on how to use the product (upper right corner). Or you may call Member Services with any questions you have.
There is a $5 monthly fee for Bill Pay, however, this fee will be waived if you are enrolled in E Statements. You may enroll in E Statements by clicking the tab at the top of our Online Banking page.
We need your help! Please follow these practices so that we can provide you with a secure internet banking experience.
- Ignore unsolicited e mail requests for personal information. First Choice Credit Union will never send an e mail that asks you to “confirm” or “update” your password or account information.
- Protect yourself by using antivirus software.
- Choose passwords wisely and keep them confidential. Change your password frequently. Never share your password with anyone, including First Choice Credit Union employees. We do not need to know your password in order to assist you with online banking.
- Click the “log off” button promptly to end your session so no further transactions can be processed.
- When entering your log in information, be sure you are not being watched.
- Never leave your computer or device unattended while you are logged in to home banking.
CHOOSE YOUR PASSWORD WISELY
Your online password protects your personal information. That’s why it’s very important to choose a strong password. Always keep your password confidential and update it periodically.
Use the following tips when choosing your password:
- For greater security, we recommend you choose a password of no less than 8 digits.
- Choose a mixture of letters, numbers and symbols (@, %, $, #, etc.).
- Use capital letters sporadically.
What not to use:
- Don’t choose the name of your child, spouse, pet or other familiar person.
- Don’t choose your address or phone number.
- Don’t choose something that can easily be guessed, like “123456” or “password”.
EXAMPLE OF PASSWORD SELECTION
This is meant as an example to help you choose a password that is unique and difficult to guess. DO NOT use this example as your password.
Suppose your favorite snack is a hot fudge sundae with nuts, whipped cream and a cherry.
- hf = hot fudge
- n = nuts
- wc = whipped cream
- 1c = one cherry
- ! = favorite
Your password would be hFNw1C!
Putting these characters together makes no sense to anyone else, but would be easy for you to remember.
PREVENTING IDENTITY THEFT
- Never provide your personal information in response to an unsolicited phone call, email or text message.
- Always check your account statement to ensure accuracy. If your statement is late in arriving or doesn’t arrive at all, contact us immediately.
- Use online banking frequently to check your account to verify withdrawals, deposits, payments and transactions.
- Never open emails from someone you don’t know. This may be an attempt to get your personal information or install a virus on your computer.
- Sign up for e mail alerts. Stay on top of account changes so you can be notified of an overdraft or if your account reaches a minimum balance amount that you have determined. Alerts may be set up using the Alerts Tab on your Home Banking screen.
- Monitor your credit report. Free credit reports are available at www.annualcreditreport.com. Review and confirm that all listed accounts are yours and no unauthorized activity has occurred.
- Keep your address, phone # and contact information with us up to date. It is important that we have your current daytime phone #, including your cell phone #, in case we need to validate a transaction with you.
First Choice Credit Union will never call, text or email you asking you to “confirm” or “update” your password, PIN or account information. Report any unusual transactions or activity to us immediately.
If you are unsure if a communication is legitimate or you fall victim to identity theft, contact us immediately.